Share This Post
Have You Suffered Whiplash or Other Personal Injury from a Car Accident in Maryland or Virginia?
Whiplash or neck strain is a common injury sustained as the result of an auto accident, most often a rear impact (rear-ended). This type of impact causes an abrupt back-and-forth flexion of the neck, which stretches and tears the muscles and tendons. Symptoms of whiplash include:
- Pain and tightness in the neck
- Decreased range of motion
- Muscles in the neck may feel hard or knotted
- Neck may be tender to the touch.
- Headaches at the base of the skull, radiating towards the forehead
Whiplash can be very painful and disruptive to your daily life, forcing you to miss work. Filing a personal injury lawsuit could be your best option to help cover medical costs and lost wages.
What to Do if You Suffer a Personal Injury from a Car Accident in Maryland or Virginia
After an accident, it is important to protect yourself and your family to make sure you get what you deserve.
- DO NOT ADMIT FAULT. Never, under any circumstances, should you admit fault at the scene of the accident. Let the police and the insurance companies determine who was at fault.
- Call the police and file a detailed police report. This will help substantiate later claims and eliminate the possibility of a he-said-she-said type of argument.
- Take photos of the accident and your injuries. The more evidence you possess, the better. Again, evidence can only help substantiate your claim.
- Seek medical attention even if you think your injuries are minor. Sometimes, pain associated with whiplash and other injuries is immediate. Other times, it can take several hours or even days for pain to manifest. Quickly getting the medical attention you need not only helps protect your health, but also helps strengthen your personal injury claim. Be sure to document all of your medical expenses, including prescription costs, insurance co-pays, and even lost wages. Any out-of-pocket expenditure could potentially be a reimbursable cost.
- Contact a lawyer. If you are injured in a car accident in Maryland or Virginia, contacting an experienced personal injury attorney can help protect your rights and ensure you get the benefits you deserve!
Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys
Jenkins Block & Associates can help you understand your legal rights. We have over 43 years of combined personal injury experience and represent clients in all types of personal injury cases: automobile accidents, slip and fall accidents, wrong death cases, workplace injuries, and brain and spinal injuries.
CALL 1-800-243-2439 to be directed to the location nearest you. With four office locations throughout Maryland and Virginia, Jenkins Block & Associates is well-positioned to meet your legal needs.